Chinese Thread Two Book Course
- ONLINE | Pre-recorded videos. A link is sent to you upon purchase within 24 Hours.
- Ticket price | £60 inc Kit | £48 tuition only
- Due to Covid 19 and International postal delays, Please allow up to 4 weeks for your kit to arrive if you are outside of the UK.
* KITS ARE POSTED ONCE A WEEK ON A TUESDAY.
* BLACK FRIDAY SALE ON ONLINE TUITION ONLY FOR 3 DAYS. ENDS MONDAY 30TH NOV.
Chinese Thread Book // Zhen Xian Bao Two Book Bundle
The Chinese Thread Book originates from China and was made by women in provinces across the country to carry small habadashery items. It was made up of a multitude of origami pockets each which expanded and folded out bigger and bigger.
I have brought this wonderful tradition into the present with two versions using this method. The first is a mini version which can be completed in 1 hour and is a great introduction to this book structure.
The second workshop is a longer version and shows you how to build more pockets, doubling in size. Once you learn this method you will have the skills to make your own books in any size.
*Beware, bookmaking is addictive and you might end up a little obsessed by the end.
An optional kit is available which includes enough paper and materials to complete both projects. A bonefolder is crucial for this structure, don't worry we've included one in your kit.
In addition to the materials kit you will need:
- A ruler
- PVA glue
- Glue brush
- scrap paper
Please check out our bookbinding kit that includes many of these items if you don’t have any yourself.
Yvette Ja has been running bookbinding, origami and sculpture workshops for 12+ years and brings her Mixed Korean/UK heritage to her work, making it the best of both worlds!
I look forward to welcoming you onto this workshop.
Please note that for all workshops, tickets are non refundable.